Contrary to unfounded rumors, there is currently no waiting list or limit on the number of applications accepted each month.
- Applicants must secure a Club Sponsor before applying for membership.
- Applications are only accepted at the regular New Member Orientation sessions.
- Those wishing to attend an Orientation session must make an appoiuntment in advance.
- Membership tours are only given at the Orientation sessions.
MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTSELIGIBILITY To be eligible for Membership at CPFGC, you must:
- be eighteen years of age or older;
- be a legal resident of the United States
- be sponsored by a currently Active Club Member in Good Standing, who has been a Member for at least two years.
(Honorary Members may not act as sponsors.)
- agree to abide by the Constitution, Bylaws, and Rules of the Club;
- not have been convicted of a felony that has not been annulled or expunged;
- not have been convicted of a violation of 18 USC 922 that has not been annulled or expunged;
- not be a member of an organization that advocates the violent overthrow of the United States Government; and
- not be barred by any law from the possession, use, or control of firearms.
CURRENT MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES, DUES, & FEES (Dues are set annually at the September Monthly Meeting. Any changes go into effect immediately.)
- Regular Member
- may use any of the club ranges during the regular hours of operation, as specified in the Club Range Rules.
- spouse and children under the age of 18 may use all Club facilities without charge, when accompanied by the Member
- Current Dues: $200 per calendar year
- Orientation Fee: $100 (This fee is non-refundable once you attend an orientation session. It is a one time fee as long as you maintain your current membership.)
- Spouse Discount
- Limited to married partners only
- The spouse is considered a Regular Member, with all Regular Member rights and privileges.
- Current Dues: $100 for the partner per calendar year (0.5 x Individual membership)
- Orientation Fee: $50 (This fee is non-refundable once you attend an orientation session. It is a one time fee as long as you maintain your current membership.)
- Senior Member
- Limited to currently Active Club Members who have reached the age of 65, have been Members in Good Standing for at least five consecutive years, and who were Members in Good Standing prior to 1 January 2020.
- Senior Membership is subject to a vote of approval by the Club Members in attendance at a Regular Monthly Meeting.
- Senior Members are considered Regular Members, with all Regular Member rights and privileges.
- Dues: $0 per calendar year
- Life Member
- Limited to currently Active Club Members in Good Standing who wish to upgrade their Membership.
- Life Members are considered Regular Members, with all Regular Member rights and privileges.
- Regular Member, age under 40: $2,500 age 40+: $2,000
- Married Partner, age under 40: $1,250 age 40+: $1,000
- Military Member
- Limited to currently Active Club Members who are on Active Duty.
- Military Members are considered Regular Members, with all Regular Member rights and privileges.
- Current Dues: $0 per calendar year
- Junior Member
- Limited to children or wards of Club members in Good Standing.
- Must be no more than 18 years of age.
- May not vote, hold Club office, be a member of a Club Committee, or hold any Club keys or access cards.
- Must be supervised by parent or guardian at all times when on Club property.
- May participate in Club Leagues and events when accompanied by parent or guardian.
- May be submitted for Regular Membership on attaining 18 years of age, after being a Junior Member for a minimum of one year.
- Dues: $0 per calendar year
- Orientation Fee: $0
- Junior Membership Application
- Honorary Member
- Honorary Membership is subject to a vote of approval by the Club Members in attendance at a Regular Monthly Meeting.
- Honorary Members have all Regular Member rights and privileges, except:
- they may not hold Office in the Club, and
- they may not vote on any Club issue.
- Dues: $0
- Work Credits
- Any Regular Member or spouse thereof, who has contributed to the Club a minimum of ten documented hours in any calendar year, shall receive, if applied for, a 20% reduction in their membership dues for the following year.
- Key Cards
- All Members are provided with a Key Card to access the Rest Rooms, Indoor Ranges, and the Outdoor Rifle Range. Replacement cards are available from the Security Officer for $10.
Anyone joining the Club in October, November, or December will receive membership for the balance of the current year plus the entire following year.
THE PROCEDURETO JOIN CPFGC:
- Persuade a current Club member to sponsor you.
(If you don't know any Club Members, you may want to check out some of our events that are open to the public. Come down and make some new friends. If you don't have whatever equipment is required to participate in an event, someone may actually offer to loan you some. It has happened - we're a friendly bunch.)
- Fill out a Membership Application.
- Make an appointment to attend a Club Orientation Session by contacting Samy Singh at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-834-1883. Your Club Sponsor must accompany you throughout the session. Orientation sessions are by appointment only and are held at 10:00 on the 2nd Sunday of the month, February thru July and October thru December, and availability is posted on the Coming Events page.
- Before your Orientation session, read and familiarize yourself with the Club Bylaws, Standing Rules, and Range Rules.
These can all be found HERE.
(You will be tested on the Club Rules at the beginning of the Orientation Session. You must score 80% or higher in order to continue. Should you fail this test, you may make an appointment to attend a future Orientation Session. You will not be charged for the current one.)
- Bring your application to the scheduled Orientation Session at the Club, 82 Pond St, Newton, NH, along with a check for the appropriate amount.
You must arrive on time, in order to allow time to process your paperwork before the Orientation session starts. Late arrivals will not be admitted. Prospective Members and Sponsors are requested to bring their own writing implements.
Bring a handgun with you (if you have one). It must be unloaded and in a case before entering.
DO NOT BRING ANY AMMUNITION TO THE ORIENTATION SESSION
- Successfully complete the Orientation session, which takes about two hours.
- Your Sponsor will initially be your primary contact with the Club. He or she is the only one who may nominate you for Club membership at a regular monthly meeting. This must be approved by a vote of the current Club Members present. Both you and your sponsor must be present at the meeting. These meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month. (Successfully completing the orientation session and full payment are required before your membership can be voted on.)
- Persuade your parent, grandparent, or legal guardian to sponsor you.
- Along with your Sponsor, fill out our Junior Membership Application and have them submit it to the Membership Committee.
ALL CLUB MEMBERSHIPS (except Life & Honorary Members)
EXPIRE ON 31 DECEMBER EACH YEAR.
Members are solely responsible for renewing their Membership. Renewal Forms are included in the Club Newsletter from October thru December, and are available on the Club website and at the Clubhouse during the same period.
Members may renew their Club Membership anytime between when the dues rates are set at the September monthly meeting and 31 December. Members are urged to renew early, so as to not overload the Membership Committee or the Post Office at Christmas time. If you do choose to renew at the last minute, there is no guarantee that your Range Access Card will be activated immediately.
While Honorary and Life Memberships renew automatically, those Members must still submit a renewal form annually, to ensure that the Club has up to date contact information.
Please direct all membership questions to email@example.com